Welcome to Pernilla Andersson Joona´s homepagePernilla Andersson Joona
Associate Professor of Economics
Swedish Institute for Social Research (SOFI)
Phone: +46 8 163447
Fax: +46 8 154670
I am a researcher at SOFI and I am also affiliated to the Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies (SULCIS). My research interest includes labour economics with a special interest in migration issues and economics of self-employment.
• Temporary employment agencies in Sweden (with Eskil Wadensjö)
• Overeducation among immigrants in Sweden (with Nabanita Datta Gupta and Eskil Wadensjö)
• Labour migrants from Central and Eastern Europe in the Nordic countries – Patterns of migration, working conditions and recruitment practices (participant in a larger research group founded by the Nordic Council of Ministers)
• Being employed by a co-national: A cul-de-sac or a short cut to the main road of the labour market, (with Eskil Wadensjö), Journal of International Migration and Integration, Vol. 13, Issue 1 (2012), Page 99-120
• The Best and the Brightest or the Least Successful? Self-Employment Entry among Male Wage-earners in Sweden, (with Eskil Wadensjö), Small Business Economics, forthcoming.
• Intensive Coaching of New Immigrants: An Evaluation Based on Random Program Assignment (with Lena Nekby), Scandinavian Journal of Economics, forthcoming.
• The Native-Immigrant Income Gap among the Self-Employed in Sweden, International Migration, 2011, Vol. 49, Issue 4, pp. 118–143
• Exits from Self-Employment: Is there a Native-Immigrant Difference in Sweden?, International Migration Review, Vol. 44(3), Fall 2010, pp. 539-559.
• Happiness and Health: Well-Being among the Self-Employed, Journal of Socio-Economics, 2008, Vol. 37, pp. 213-236
Selected Publications in Swedish
• Kan introduktionsprogrammen förbättras? Utvärdering av ett randomiserat experiment - försöksverksamheten för vissa nyanlända invandrare (FNI) , Ekonomisk Debatt, nr. 6 2009 (with Lena Nekby)
• Hur är det att vara egenföretagare i Sverige?, Ekonomisk Debatt, nr. 6 2007
• A Gender Perspective on Self-Employment Entry and Performance as Self-Employed, IZA Discussion Paper No. 3581, (with Eskil Wadensjö)
• Self-employed Immigrants in Denmark and Sweden – a Way to Economic Self-Reliance? IZA Discussion Paper No. 1130, (with Eskil Wadensjö)
• Temporary Employment Agencies: a Route for Immigrants to Enter the Labour Market? IZA Discussion Paper No. 1090, (with Eskil Wadensjö)